Could you be the next Nature or Wildlife Photographer of the Year?
The Societies' Monthly Image Competition is a 'must' for all our members. There are 29 categories that cover all aspects of photography and it is judged by some of the most esteemed Fellow, Master and Grand Master photographers in the UK and across the world. All entries which gain the coveted 'Gold' award are put forward to our annual judging and, if deemed to be the best, can gain their maker a prestigious 'Photographer of the Year' Award within its category at our annual Awards Presentation Evening .
1. Entrant must have solely captured and created the original exposures.
2. All digital manipulation must have been performed by the entrant.
3. Any images that violate copyright, trademark or any other applicable law will be disqualified.
4. The entrant's name, or any other distinguishing marks, must not appear on the face of the images.
5. No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor, in collaboration with another photographer (not including mentoring), or as a class assignment.
6. No exact same image may be entered more than once under any condition.
7. Any images which do not follow the category definition will be automatically disqualified.
8. Any entry which has been reproduced from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the rules and will be disqualified, this includes stock images and digital backgrounds.
9. Entrants agree that any photograph entered may be used by The Societies and or Professional Imagemaker in any of the publications, printed materials, or electronic media. Also the image may be used for promotional use by The Societies, unless otherwise agreed.
10. Images entered for SWPP under the genre of wedding must have been taken on the day the register was signed and must be commissioned work only.
11. Qualifications are a benefit of membership to The Societies of Photographers and any successful submissions can only be advertised for as long as the entrant remains in membership.
12. We reserve the right to: change or modify the rules without notice..
To upload your competition entries, follow these simple instructions:
Firstly, once your image is ready to be uploaded to the competition. Take the image in to Photoshop and set the image size to 2,000 pixels on the longest side.
Then use the 'Save for Web & Devices'
Setting should be:
This will strip the exif data out of this image to avoid an error message.
Remember to name your image:
e.g. Colin_Jones_landscape_August _Wales_2019_00001.jpg
Click the link 'Upload file'
Select the Album (Category) you wish to enter.
Browse your computer for the image.
Leave ALL other fields empty.
Click upload file.
The image will then be approved by our staff; please bear in mind this may take up to 48 hours with longer delays over the weekends.